Apps That Help Achieve Goals
The gap between setting goals and achieving them can be difficult to bridge. To enhance the chances of achieving personal goals, reminders and motivation are essential; making a New Year’s resolution is simply not enough.
A number of apps have been developed in recent years to help you pursue your goals and develop better life habits. To get you started, consider these apps:
- Optimized: A goal setting and daily tracking app, Optimized can analyze your activities as well as help you set goals and pursue them by charting your daily progress. Visit site
- Smart Goals: This app lets you set goals, track your habits and not lose sight of your dreams by providing a separate tab to monitor a diverse range of objectives. Visit site
In contrast to the above apps, which are straightforward goal setting and tracking tools, the following apps add a layer of motivation that may be exactly what some individuals need to turn aspirations into reality.
- StickK: Using a “commitment contract,” this app attaches incentives and accountability to goal setting, incorporating a user-appointed referee and a social network to encourage success. Visit site
- 21Habit: This app requires a user to pledge $21 to commit to a daily action for the next 21 days. For each day the user successfully takes action, one dollar is returned. In the event that the user does not take the pledged action, one dollar is forfeited and donated to charity.Visit site
- Beeminder: Beeminder is an app that raises the commitment ante by assessing you a $5 charge for each time you fail to meet the commitment you’ve made (the first fail is free). Visit site
The content is developed from sources believed to be providing accurate information. The information in this material is not intended as tax or legal advice. It may not be used for the purpose of avoiding any federal tax penalties. Please consult legal or tax professionals for specific information regarding your individual situation. This material was developed and produced by FMG Suite to provide information on a topic that may be of interest. FMG, LLC, is not affiliated with the named broker-dealer, state- or SEC-registered investment advisory firm. The opinions expressed and material provided are for general information, and should not be considered a solicitation for the purchase or sale of any security. Copyright 2015 FMG Suite.